You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Rednesday Wednesday #3 spreads over to Thursday

Rednesday spread to Vintage Thingy Friday at ColoradoLady and, seems to be seeping over to Diann of the Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday Well, you RED it flows into everything............
Welcome to the Rednesday Wednesday Blog Party!

Boy, I am so happy you stopped by today for  Rednesday Wednesday. As a thank you for coming I have 
Been celebrating all month with  a special giveaway for all those who participate in my link-in party or just leave a comment during the month of September.. The lucky winner will receive .this......................

French country inspired tablerunner

If you missed last REDnesday Just go HERE for the highlights.........er.....'RED'lights..hehe

My favorite time of the year is Autumn. The crisp fresh air. the aroma of wood burning, the colors........
Spring is like a watercolor and ink drawing..all soft and delicate, fluid, Summer is an acrylic work. Some texture still a little fluid, but bold...bright. Autumn is an oil painting...textural...muted colors, but brightness in many strokes. Autumn wraps you in color that warms and exhilarates.
When I first joined the Rednesday party and then years later thought of hosting REDnesday I always saw REDnesday   as the kitchy red of the 40's and 50's and..the color in vintage magazines that makes you tale notice of ads and articles  making you smile that wistful smile. 
Now as a hostess I am rethinking my REDS. with Autumn here there are some many more shades of RED.
The color red comes in many shades and hues as we see especially during Autumns changing palette. 
Here is a list of just a few
  • blood red
  • blush
  • brick
  • burgundy
  • carmine
  • China red (see vermilion)
  • cinnabar (see vermilion)
  • crimson
  • fire engine red
  • flame (see scarlet)
  • Indian red
  • madder
  • maroon
  • rose
  • rouge
  • ruby
  • russet (a reddish brown)
  • rust (a reddish brown)
  • scarlet
  • tomato
  • Venetian red
  • vermilion

Now, I do have a reason for mentioning this because some have typed and said they  like popping by to check out the RED posts and they'd  love to join the party, but they have no red....well, there's a game my Mom played with me...okay  we still do, but anyway.............. called Riddley Rifddey It starts out with this versem Riddiley Riddiley I  DeeDee I see something you don't see and the color of it is....RED......

   
Vintage Double D Ranchwear Jacket Coat Blazer Plaid Size S
Red Plaid xoat on Ebay
Vintage Etienne Aigner Burgundy Leather Smaller Satchel Tote Shoulder Purse Bag
Vintage burgandy Etienne Bag on Etsy...not mine cannot afford LOL
Thomas Kinkade Sunset at Riverbend Farm Throw
Thomas Kincade Throw 'Senset at  Rivervend Farm'

Cranberry display at Grimes House Gallery, the CRANBERRY GLASS SHOP
Cranberry Glass pic from Cranberryglass.co.uk
Red Maple leaves..of course

Antique Art Deco Solitaire Ruby Ring - 14k White Gold - Size 6
Ruby Ring Found on Ebay





Utah's Monument Valley
Contact Us

Armstrong's 'Youngstown'  kitchen uses the red, green, and gold color scheme to contrast with the crisp white and cabinetry and black counters.
1949 Bird Linoleum ad.....Oh to find that on Ebay
Candy Apple Red  47' Fleetline


Rhode island red 1915 lithograph.jpg
hode Island Red Rooster and Hen
Garnet Gem
Pink Lady  apples photos, pictures & images
Apple Red
Persian Kashan Wool Red Rectangle Area Rug  (9'10" x 13'4") - 251-14253
Persian Rug
Vintage Cherry illustration
File:P rubinus.jpg
Vermilion Flycatcher


Glass of Rosé WineRose/ Wine

Rare Vintage English Polychrome Red Transferware Scenic Plate Royal Doulton ChathamRedware  Pottery
Red Transferware from Nancy's Daily Dish
LOL..
even our Brown Gingham Cabin is decked out in Red cedar and russets!

These are just a few of the examples of the colors mentioned on the list. I vet if you go and look you have red all around you and yo didn't even realize it.
Now, let's go check out the other shady posts!

13 comments:

LV said...

Happy to be among your Red friends today. Yes, indeed some lucky winner should be very pleased with your give=a=way.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Good morning! I'm happy to be linked this week, too. I was hoping to make a new runner...yours is even prettier! It would be perfect for my home! Sweet hugs!

Anonymous said...

Week three- woo-hoo!
You're doing great Melody.
Thanks for hosting!
Now I'll be hearing RED light GREEN light in my head all day. :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for stopping by!! I just realized that you took over the Rednesday party!! I did not know that!!
I will now be linking up to it as it was a favorite of mine.

Hugs,
Debbie

Cinderella Moments said...

Okay, I still have no red to share. LOL! Maybe next time. It's mostly light colors at Cinderella Moments. :) But your runner is so sweet.
hugs♥,
Caroline

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I am glad Rednesday is back!
Thanks for hosting!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Me aqain!! I am now following you and will be linking up next week as I should be able to share my Kitchen with my new floors and countertops by then...so glad to finally connect with you!!

Hugs,
Deb

Donna said...

Love the outside of your house.
Thanks for hosting.
D

Anonymous said...

Oh can you image having linoleum like that?! Too fun! ♥

Jill said...

I've found Rednesday, again - I love red!! Thanks for hosting!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh goodness, such gorgeous images here. I love the vintage ones too! Thank you so much for visiting me and thanks a ton for the giveaway chance...I love it, hope I win!!! I have an American address if I am lucky! I have a Little red I can come in the party with. Thank you for hosting. Big hugs,
FABBY

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I'm also your newest follower. 8I'd love it if you follow back too!) Hugs,
FABBY

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Thanks for coming Melody. I have an American address, (just in case). I've won 3 times in the past, so no problema...hope I do now too! I'm from Astoria-Queens, NY originally, my parents are Ecuadorian and of course, I have dual Nationality here. I married my hubby who always lived here and I've been very happy with my life here, among lots of Americans that have found it to be the best place in the world for retiring. My Bil has a profesional rose farm and exports to Europe and the USA, yes the Ecuadorian roses are the most beautiful in the world, they're usually bought for all those European Royals's weddings.. I don't say so, it's what the magazines say.
Have a super weekend.
FABBY